I wanted to talk to you about times when you get the blues. when nothing seems to satisfy you the way it used to, and you feel empty and tired like you can’t keep going for another day the same way.
I’m in a period like that right now and I noticed there a few things I started doing that helped me feel better and get things done. Here are a few ideas:
- When you’re really feeling down, take a few things off your plate – if you’re experiencing something like this, I think it means it’s time for a change. it seems to me it means you’re working really hard or you’re doing things that are not inspiring to you. sometimes it’s just a period and you have to go through it in order to get to better things, but you can make the road there a little bit more smooth and fun. So I think you should decide what are the most important things you need to do during your day, and do just them, like do the minimum you can do in order to get by. After that, you can add a few things to reward yourself for being able to go through this hard, hard time.
- Release the FOMO – trying to be perfect in everything will get you nowhere. sometimes I feel even consuming FOMO content – another inspirational email, another meetup, another article about how to make yourself better. it can drive you mad. This happens to people trying to be the best they can, and it means that you are probably already working really hard and doing a lot of great things really well. so, stop consuming things that make you feel like you have to better yourself more and more, you already are bettering yourself! stick to contents that make you feel good, you need to put the pressure off for a little while unless you’ll get sick, as simple as that, and trust me, I’ve been there, it happens all the time like a charm, if you’re not putting the pressure off for a little bit, just for a while, you’re body will remind you what you need to do – which means – rest :).
- Organising and cleaning you house\space – putting the pressure off also means arranging things you wanted to for a while. it means preparing yourself and your nest for the next storm. So, cleaning, organising, making sure you have everything you need, checking out what’s missing, what do we need to buy, things like that, will help you feel less pressure and give you a clean, nice space to look at, which also relaxes the mind and opens to directions that you think of. it opens up your creativity. surrounding yourself with a beautiful, clear space, may seem like a waste of time, but actually, it’s critical to make you feel better, give you more energy and help you get better results in the end. That’s it, very simple.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and decide one thing you’re going to do for your appearance, one thing that will make you feel and look better – a shower with a new luxurious soap, some nail polish, some face mask, whatever works. One or two simple things. you don’t have to go overboard, but it will sure make you feel a little bit better and get you moving faster towards your goals. It may seem at first like a waste of time, and that’s why you didn’t do it beforehand, but actually, it’s the only way to get yourself back on track and moving. Treat yourself well.
- Surround yourself with luxurious things or things you perceive as a treat – it might be some self-care, cosmetics products or great food or drinks. anything beautiful that can go into your home and make you feel like you’re treating yourself. it’s different for each person, but it might be a good coffee cup, some new clothes, or cosmetics or bath products. After all the hard work you’re putting into whatever it is you trying to do, you have to have things in your home that help you treat yourself and make you feel really good. you just have to have that, because you deserve it.
In my case, visuality is very important to me, smells, the way things look and I really want to feel luxurious. I think that a lot of us think that working very hard and hustling is the way to get this done. it’s true, but you have to take care of yourself in order to keep going and sometimes you have to stop and treat yourself!
The bottom line is it will help you move forward faster and get you closer to achieving your goals!